Monday, August 8, 2016

My middle name isn't cute

         This is probably the most random, irrelevant topic for a first post on a new blog, which means it's probably a great preview for how I actually am.
          I don’t have a cute middle name. I thought about this when trying to come up with a blog title. I had some clever domain names in mind, but my favorite are always the blogs that are first name, middle name. For example: carlyrenee, sarahnicole. Adorable, right? One of my absolute favorites is an old friend who named hers coloregrace. I think Grace is one of the cutest middle names.
          However, this formula would not work for me at all. My middle name is my mother’s middle name. It was the name of my grandpa’s mom. My mother doesn’t even like this name, she just did it for her dad. Plot twist: my grandpa forgot it was my middle name. He asked me what it was a few weeks ago. Thanks mom. Thanks for everything.
          So what is this middle name? Ugh, fine. If you must know…
          Corean. Not Corinne. Not Korean. Core-eene. Anyone who first sees it never pronounces it correctly and I don’t blame them. I tell people, they don’t understand. “Carina, you mean.” No, Corean.

          None of my clever ideas were really clicking. I’ve learned from experience that when I come up with a fun domain name, I hate it a few days later. So I settled with first name, last name. But hey, my last name has a water bottle and apparently a poor town in so England. So… winning?